We live in a data-driven world and almost every transaction and interaction you have with most organisations involves you sharing personal data, this can be your name, address; birth date and marital status. You also share data online too, every time you visit a website, search for or buy something, use social media or send an email.
Sharing data helps makes life easier, more convenient and connected. However, your data is your data, it belongs to you so it’s important it is used only in ways you would reasonably expect, and that it stays safe. Data protection law makes sure everyone’s data is used properly and legally.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulations and is Europe’s new framework for data protection laws. It replaces the previous 1995 data protection directives
Mill Industries is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our registration number A1091838
What is PECR?
PECR Stands for Personal Electronic Communication Regulations and covers any information sent between parties over a phone line or internet connection. This includes phone calls, faxes, text messages, video messages, emails and internet messaging
This policy provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data under General Data Protection
Regulations and Marketing under Privacy and Electronic CommunicationRegulations
Mobiloader® is the registered trade name of Mill Industries Ltd, registration number 04356822
Registered Office: 13 Paynes Lane Rugby CV21 2UH
Our designated Data Controller is Wendy Brown Director email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What type of information do we collect?
Placing an Order
When you place an order information is gathered and may include:-
- First name; last name; marital status; title
- Billing address, delivery address telephone numbers, email address
- Any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media
- Invoices and payments between us and other details of purchases.
- Purchases made via our website are processed by our bank we do not hold card details
- We do ask you to identify that you have a chronic health condition when applying for VAT exemption as this is a requirement of HMRC
As a customer or potential customer, you may want to keep up to date with news items, information guides and new products. To do this we will ask you which methods you want us to use to make contact. This may be through the post, by email, text message, and online using social media or by any other electronic means and will comply with ECR. We will ask you by, ticking a box, clicking an icon, or sending an email.
You are entitled to withdraw consent at any time and each message we send to you will give you the opportunity to opt out
Who we might share your information with
- To enable us to arrange services as part of our contractual agreements with you our authorised partners will need to process your personal information. We have ensured that those organisations meet our standards on the processing of data and security
- Information relating to our transactions for our legal requirements and HMRC requirements
How do we use your data?
Where there is a contractual arrangement between us to process your order
Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. E.g. VAT exemption purchases
- To conduct market research
- For statistical analysis;
- To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use and purchase, and the way you use them.
- Find ways to improve our services
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
We will need to retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation but will not hold it longer than necessary We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Access and correction of your personal information
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us
When posting likes and reviews using social media platforms it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts,so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Your permission will be sought for any images of you are used for promotional purposes
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Protecting any written information by storage in locked cabinets
- Processes in place to prevent data breaches of our IT systems such as firewalls, ID verification, passwords
- Restricting staff members access to information who are not involved with processing purchases
- We recognise that at times things can go wrong and if you need to complain please contact our customer services team or write to us at our registered office
- As a member of BHTA an arbitration service is available if a stalemate situation exists
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk to find out more
Right to have your data erased
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information we hold that relates to you, please email us this request using our Contact Us information. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete,
please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.